- Preferred formats are Quark, Illustrator and InDesign, but we also
accept Pagemaker and others.
- PDF files are preferred.
- Build files to the finished trim size.
- Where needed, add a minimum
bleed of .125.
- Specify rule widths. Do not use generic "hairline"option.
not use Quark styles to specify type. Use actual bold font for bold
- Indicate spot colors used in job.
- Delete unused colors.
- Jobs to be imposed should be created as single
pages instead of spreads.
- When creating spot color vignettes that
fade to white, use 0% of the spot color instead of "white".
color names must be named the same in all support files.
- Images should
be CMYK or grayscale. No RGB jpegs or gifs.
- Images should be 300dpi.
- Lineart scans should be at least 1200dpi
and saved as .bmp.
- Clipping paths created in Photoshop are preferred
over those created in Quark.
- Flatten layered files in Photoshop.
- Media accepted are Flash drives,
Zip disks, CDs and DVDs. Small files can be sent via email if compressed
(zipped or stuffed).
- Only send files needed to print the job, otherwise
indicate specific files to print.